Welcome to the biointerface lab!
At the biointerface lab we strive to understand and control phenomena occurring at the interface between synthetic materials and biological molecules. We are especially focused on biomineralization, and one of our main goals is to develop "surface interactive scaffolds" for soft and hard tissue regeneration, with a functional surface designed to induce or inhibit mineralization depending on the desired application, as well as a specific cellular response. Our surface-centered approach brings us to develop materials for drug delivery, dental applications, and (non bio-related!) energy and the environment. Our work is performed in collaboration with researchers from McGill, Canada and abroad.
- January 2015: Ophelie officially joins the group as a PhD student! She is co-supervised by Prof. Monzur Murshed
- December 2014: Jalani receives the CSACS interuniversity scholarship given to best co-supervised PhD students
- November 2014: Mandana successfully defends her PhD thesis! Congratulations Dr. Bornapour!!!
- November 2014: Marta receives the ISSNAF award for best young investigator in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics
- January-April 2014: Veronica and Nika continue to work with us with an undergrad research project through the Winter
I do not have any opening at the moment, but I can always take a look at the CV of exceptional candidates.
Upcoming conferences of interest:
- May 26-28, 2015: CC-CRS/CSPS joint annual meeting, Toronto, Canada
- May 27-30, 2015: Annual meeting of the Canadian Biomaterials Society, Toronto, Canada