Welcome to the biointerface lab!
At the biointerface lab we strive to understand and control phenomena occurring at the interface between synthetic materials and biological molecules. We are especially focused on biomineralization, and one of our main goals is to develop "surface interactive scaffolds" for soft and hard tissue regeneration, with a functional surface designed to induce or inhibit mineralization depending on the desired application, as well as a specific cellular response. Our surface-centered approach brings us to develop materials for drug delivery, dental applications, and (non bio-related!) energy and the environment. Our work is performed in collaboration with researchers from McGill, Canada and abroad.
- 16 March 2013:Elena wins the prestigious Goldman award for her work on periodontal regeneration
- 18 December 2012:Marta's daughter Kora is born. Welcome little Kora :)
- 04 December 2012: Maryam's paper on the importance of amino acid interactions in hydroxyapatite nucleation is accepted for publication on the Journal of the Royal Society: Interface. Congratulations Maryam!
- 29 November 2012: Maryam gives an oral presentation at the 2012 Materials Research Society Fall Meeting in Boston, MA
- 1 November 2012: Isabel joins the group as a visiting scholar from Italy!
Upcoming conferences of interest:
- Dec 1-6, 2012: MRS Fall meeting and exhibit, Boston, USA
- Jan 27-Feb 3, 2013: 37th International Conference and Expo on Advanced Ceramics and Composites , Daytona Beach, FL, USA
- Apr 10-13, 2013: Annual meeting of the Biomaterials Society, Boston, USA
- May 12-17, 2013: 223rd meeting of the electrochemical society, Toronto, CA
- July 21-24, 2013: 40th Annual Meeting of the Controlled Release Society, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
- Jul 28-Aug 2, 2013: 19th International Conference on Composite Materials, Montreal, CA
- Oct 27-31, 2013: Materials Science and Technology Conference and Exhibtion, Montreal, CA